Google Website Translator Gadget

Friday, April 4, 2008

Kim Clement


I received this e-mail from Prophet Kim Clement. His site is http://www.kimclement.com/ .

He will be on Long Island, NY 4 / 20 / 2008, Time 7:30pm. Upper Room Christian World Center, 722 Deer Park Road, Dix Hills, N.Y. 11746 *Kim will also be ministering at the 11:00AM service.

I was flying to Detroit with my youngest child, Jakob, and during this 4-hour flight, I learned so much. As he was talking about various subjects that included God, I couldn't help but think about the Father and Jesus, His Son. I was holding my son's hand as he slept safely, and I began pondering on his future and how many times I had spoken to him, as I've done with all my children, about the future, his future. Suddenly I heard these words "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?"

The words jolted me as I recalled a message that I had given many years ago entitled "Sabachthani...Forsaken.” While Jesus was on the cross in His darkest hour, He cried; "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?" God was His father, and therefore, "My father why have you forsaken me?" I thought about what it would be like to forsake my son in his darkest hour for the sole purpose of providing a future for someone else. Then God spoke to me and said, "When I give you a promise, you have been given the power to provide a future for someone else."

After struggling to understand this, it suddenly came to me; God shared His son (the promise) with mankind and in so doing He provided a future for humanity. Abraham shared his promise with Lot and provided a future for him. Elijah shared his promise (abundance) with the widowed woman at Zarapheth and provided a future for her and her son. You have the power to keep that "promise" as a blessing for yourself or share it with others. What does this mean?

In 1978, I received my promise from God about taking Hollywood and building a house for many to come and be protected and nurtured. In 1996, I was called to minister in Detroit and did so for many years. During this time, I felt the Lord impressing on my heart to allow some young people to share this promise with me; in other words they would be partakers of the promise. Two young ladies, Hannah (19 years old at the time) and Miranda (12 years old at the time) were drawn into the promise as I invited them onto my platform and into our lives. Today they are in Hollywood with us and play a major role in expressing this promise and touching many lives. In 1992, Charlie Jordan (my minister who plays the bass guitar for me) was drawn onto my platform and became a partaker of my promise. In essence, by me sharing my promise or portion with them, I provided a future for them within the context of this mission. This also means that they receive a portion of the blessing and reward because they have labored with me.

God is about to make the church so exciting that young people will be brought into the Kingdom by the millions in a very short period. Young people at this time are in a state of total disenchantment and disillusionment and that gives the enemy the power to gain control of their hopes and fears. Young people are not growing spiritually because they are demanded to “serve” the promise instead of allowing them to share the promise. There comes a point where serving leads to sharing.

The disciples of Jesus served him and benefited greatly by this, however, there came a point where He allowed them to share the promise. 5,000 people needed food and upon praying for the bread and fish, he placed the bread into their hands and told them to break it and give it to the people. Suddenly, they were sharing the miracles. Young people have to get to the place where they conquer the "image" to embrace the "substance". Being in a culture and society where they are “sheep amongst wolves” they must learn to temper the innocence of the dove with the wisdom of the serpent, and begin to govern their lives according to the way people are rather than the way they would like to appear. They must gain knowledge about God and people by reading more, especially the Bible – which is a handbook for everyone, not just a chosen few.

The Bible is a manual for those who live in this big world but particularly young people who wish to prosper in that world. To them it gives “at once” the teaching that they could only obtain through long experience otherwise. Young people have their own language and I have found that once they come to God, the Church endeavors to provide them with a language that is ineffective. Unfortunately, the religious system prefers to look good rather than to actually be good. Image is more important, apparently, and therefore meaningless rhetorical variation presents an image that impresses, but only those easily deceived. DON’T BE BAD BY BEING TOO GOOD.

To alternate the bitter with the sweet shows good taste. People want to know that being a Christian does not demand that you put on a brave front and act like an over-comer constantly. God speaks through the tongues of men who have been given the language of God. The language of God is given to those who have abandoned religious rhetoric. I began to think about it and after looking at the most reliable source of spiritual sanity, the Living Scriptures; I discovered something that will bless everyone who has received something from God in the form of a promise.

Elijah was given a promise that he applied to his personal life during a severe drought and famine. Read 1 Kings 17: 1-7. Elijah had received a word from God that there would be no dew on the ground or rain for years or until Elijah opened his mouth and commanded it. It is not unusual for God to give someone a commanding word, which the elements will obey. Moses was given that power when God said that Miriam would have leprosy and would only be released from that curse when Moses prayed for her. Elijah was kept for all those years by supernatural provision. Read verse 4; "And it will be that you shall drink from the brook and I have commanded the ravens to feed you there.” Verse 6, “The ravens brought him bread and meat in the morning and bread and meat in the evening; and he drank from the brook." It seems to me that Elijah was enjoying the promise that existed inside of him - the promise of "abundance of rain." Remember God had given a word to Elijah saying that the rain would only come at his word - that is Elijah's word. So the promise was inside Elijah, in his heart and in his being. It benefited him personally because while everyone was suffering from the drought, Elijah was enjoying water, meals and an extended sabbatical. However, the time came for the promise that he was enjoying personally, to be shared with the nation of Israel so that a future could be provided for others as well. If the famine had continued for much longer, there would've been an extermination of an entire national and spiritual group of people. The brook dried up and the ravens refused to land at Elijah's place of rest and now it was time to share the promise with someone else. He was sent to a little town and in this town he would find a woman and her son who were about to die from starvation. Elijah takes what is a promise from God that he has personally been enjoying, and gives it to her. He says to her, "Your bin of flour shall not be used up, nor shall your jar of oil, until the day the Lord sends rain on the earth. Verse 16 says, “The bin of flour was not used up nor did the jar of oil run dry according to the Word of the Lord spoken by Elijah.”

When the brook dries up in your life, it’s time to share your promise with someone else. Providing a future for someone else. Think about it. God has shown me through prophetic revelation, that the recession that has been predicted shall not be. If you truly believe this with me, then remember that during this season it is important to sow and especially into the prophetic voices that carry this future promise. Sharing your finances and supporting God’s servants is likely to bring blessings that you were not anticipating into your life. Stand with us as we carry the ‘abundance” to the Nation through His spoken Word. We are launching our TV show, “Call Me Crazy, but I’m Hearing God,” this month and encourage you to support us in our venture to reach out into the Marketplace and present our King the Christ to dying human beings.

With Blessings and Love,
Kim Clement

No comments: